Tuesday, November 23, 2010

SHOW ME YOUR GLORY



Exodus 33:8-23
Sometimes you run across a song that expresses the cry of your heart that you could not express yourself. This song by Third Day titled "Show me your Glory" is one of those songs for me. Each time I hear this song it resonates at a deep place in my spirit. I honestly feel like I could have written this song myself. This song is actually based from scripture of where Moses cries out to God for Him to show him His glory. And as a result of that cry Moses has a encounter w/God that was unforgettable, and no doubt made a deep impression upon his heart and life. You can never have an expierence w/God, and remain the same afterwards. Moses cries out in verse 18 of Exodus 33 "I beseech thee, shew me thy glory." So many believe God is just a imagined character in a book, but my friends I promise you He is so much more...so much more.
When I was 20 years old I had an encounter w/God that forever changed my life. I had an expierence something like Moses. I did not see a figure as he did, or get put into the cleft of a rock as the Glory of the Lord passed by. But, at an altar at my home church (New Hope Church) I came in contact w/the Glory of God. And I do mean the tangible presence of God. I was a broken and troubled young man addicted to drugs and at the point of suicide. That day as I cried unto God. The God who created the universe, and hung the stars and the moons heard me.

The Lord is nigh unto those that are of a broken heart; AND SAVETH SUCH as be of a contrite spirit. Psalm 34:18
The Lord is nigh unto all them that call upon Him, to all that call upon Him in truth. Psalm 145:18


1 comment:

  1. good post! and with Third day band it become the best! my favorite band in all world! thanks
    have a blessed week =D

    ReplyDelete